Alicia Hunt, Marketing Communications Specialist at Elemental Technologies
1. The course is ADA-accessible and kids of all ages are welcome to participate in the run. Portland Public Schools are closed on Wednesday, October 21, so you can get some exercise and try something new with your kids.
2. Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS), the designated charity for the 4K 4Charity Fun Run PDX, is currently achieving an impressive 90% graduation rate among students who enroll and attend classes. Keep an eye out for RAHS students on race day, who are volunteering their time to support the event.
3. 100% of individual registrants’ contributions go directly to charity in lieu of race fees, which is rare for a charity run. Here are examples of average participant donations compared to other charity runs across the U.S.:
4. The after party at World Trade Center Outdoor Plaza will offer light snacks, beverages, music and a raffle, featuring prizes donated from several local Portland companies. Everyone who registers for the 4K 4Charity Fun Run PDX will have a chance to win an awesome prize, including a one month unlimited pass to Bar Method Portland-Lake Oswego, a gift certificate to the US Outdoor Store, an overnight stay package at Kimpton Hotels, and more!
5. Four kilometers is only 2.49 miles, 5,714 arms-lengths, 50 NYC blocks, 13,123 feet, 36.5 US football fields, 4,000 meters, 4,374 yards… piece of cake!
6. The first male and female race winners will receive a custom signed Timbers or Thorns jersey. Now that’s motivation to train hard and run fast!
7. You can pick up your race bib the day before the run at Athleta – Brewery Blocks in the Pearl district (1001 Northwest Couch Street). As an added bonus, if you make a store purchase during your visit, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to RAHS.
8. Everyone who crosses the finish line will receive a 4K 4Charity Grab Bag, filled with items from the Trail Blazers, Adidas, Planar, Puppet Labs, and more. Make sure to grab one before you head over to the after party.
9. More than 20 Portland-based companies are supporting this first-of-its-kind event in Portland. Special thanks to 4K 4Charity Fun Run PDX corporate sponsors:
• Co-founding sponsors: Elemental, Puppet Labs and Simple
• Association sponsors: Technology Association of Oregon, and Silicon Florist
• Premier sponsors: Act-On, New Relic, Planar Systems and Zapproved
• Executive sponsors: Chirpify, GlobeSherpa, Portland Trail Blazers, Tektronix and Tripwire
• Grab bag sponsor: Voyager Capital
• Medal sponsor: JLL, Corporate Real Estate Services
• After party co-sponsors: Portland Development Commission, Ernst & Young and Rentrak
10. More than 550 people from 50 different Portland companies have already registered for the race! Space is limited, so make sure you sign up soon to secure your spot in this first-annual event!
October 16, 2015