The 4K 4Charity Fun Run at IBC 2017 takes place on September 16 at 7:30 am and winds through Amsterdam’s historic Amstelpark. After completing the course, participants can celebrate over light snacks and beverages. Early bib pick up will take place on Friday, September 15 from 3-5:30pm at the AWS Elemental Stand (5.C80).
With the endorsement of IBC, all proceeds from the event will raise funds for global nonprofit partner Heifer International, and local nonprofit, Stichting NewTechKids.
DIRECTIONS TO THE STARTING LINE:
Walking from the RAI?
- Exit the RAI heading east along Europaplein between halls 11 and 12, proceed across Europaboulevard.
- Continue until you are next to Restaurant Vandaag. With the restaurant behind you, turn left and proceed south along Europaboulevard.
- After 200m, proceed across Gelrestraat and continue south along Europaboulevard for another 200m past Hotel Motel One, until you reach the starting line. Sidewalk will be clearly marked with event signage.
Traveling by taxi?
- Provide the taxi driver with the following address: Hotel Motel One, Amsterdam Europaboulevard 23, 1079 PC Amsterdam.
- The starting line is located just south of the hotel along Europaboulevard.
Traveling by train?
- Travel to “Station RAI” and exit the station to the north towards the RAI.
- Continue north through the underpass, under Ringway Zuid.
- After passing under Ringway Zuid, turn right and proceed through the underpass under Europaboulevard.
- After exiting the underpass you will see Hotel Motel One on your left. Turn right to reach the starting line.
BIB PICK-UP: Save time by picking up your bib Friday, September 15 on the AWS Elemental stand (Hall 5, Stand C.80) from 3:00 – 5:30 pm. On-site bib pick-up begins at 6:50 am on event day in Amstelpark. Bring your printed ticket for an even faster experience!
BAG CHECK: Bringing a change of clothes, or just want to store your hotel key and cell phone while you run? Secure bag storage will be available for all participants, located near bib pick-up on the course.
FINISH LINE: Thanks to Dolby Laboratories, all participants will receive a commemorative medal upon crossing the finish line. Plus, all runners and walkers will receive special giveaways courtesy of Verimatrix and Ooyala. Be sure to refuel with light snacks and beverages before heading back to IBC Show.
EARLY-BIRD PARTICIPANT SHIRTS: If you registered before August 25, you can snag your complimentary t-shirt at early bib pick-up or on-site. A limited quantity of shirts may be available for sale after the run for $10 (exact cash only). All proceeds are donated directly our beneficiaries.
THE 4K 4CHARITY FUN RUN SERIES
The 4km (2.49-mile) run and walk is held annually in Las Vegas, Amsterdam and Portland. All proceeds benefit nonprofit organizations that support increased diversity and inclusion initiatives. The 4K 4Charity Fun Run is unique in that 100% of individual registration fees are donated directly to our nonprofit partners. Since the inaugural 4K 4Charity Fun Run event took place at IBC in 2014, the series has raised more than $450,000 USD in gross proceeds for nonprofit organizations and attracted nearly 4,000 participants.
Stichting NewTechKids is committed to bringing CS and technological literacy education to primary school students in disadvantaged communities whom we refer to as ‘Rising Technologists’. Since 2016, Stichting NewTechKids has established a network of 21st Century Skills Clubs in Amsterdam Southeast which focus on helping girls, children from immigrant and minority groups, and children from low-income families prepare for the future in which technology is integrated into all fields.
Heifer International is a global non-profit dedicated to ending hunger and poverty and caring for the earth. In 30 countries Heifer helps hungry families feed themselves through sustainable gifts of livestock, resources and training. Communities are transformed with the empowerment of women, access to markets and environmental restoration.
More Sponsors and Early Bib Pick-up Announced for 4K 4Charity Fun Run at IBC 2016
Bibs available September 9 at Elemental stand 5.C80; register today at 4K4Charity.com
Portland, Ore. – August 31, 2016 – Elemental Technologies, the leader in software-defined video solutions, today announced that Brightcove and Intelsat are now sponsors of the 4K 4Charity Fun Run at IBC 2016, joining Aspera, an IBM Company, Verimatrix, Dolby, ChyronHego andmore...
Registration and Sponsorships Open for 4K 4Charity at IBC 2016
Back by popular demand – the 4K 4Charity Fun Run Series has raised more than a quarter of a million dollars for global and local charities
Portland, Ore. – June 16, 2016 – Elemental Technologies, the leader in software-defined video solutions, today announced open registration for the 4K 4Charity Fun Run, which takes place 7:30